Sunday, September 21, 2008

Day 10 - Cannon Beach

I wasn't sure what to expect with Cannon Beach, Oregon. To be honest, I don't remember what made me add it my list but I'm glad I did. Despite hitting some pockets of rain on the way over, the weather was pretty mild and overall enjoyable. Cannon Beach is a small town on Oregon's northern coast with beautiful beaches and alot of mom and pop type places. The people seem friendly and helpful and less interested in trying to make a buck. I could be wrong but that the impression I get and it's refreshing because you don't always find that. They also have some of the most well-manicured lawns and gardens I've ever seen.

As I said, the beaches are the primary attraction so after exploring a bit earlier in the day, I went back around sunset and took a few more photos. The sand and water seem to produce some awesome reflections at times - almost as if you're looking at a pane of glass. If you look closely, you can see the lighthouse out at sea in the third photo. Enjoy.





No comments: