Saturday, September 13, 2008

Day 3 - Sedona, AZ

I have to admit that at first I was very skeptical of adding Sedona, AZ to my trip. I wasn't exactly sure it would be my cup of tea and my friend Carl was recommending it which made it questionable at best. ;) Either way, Sedona was beautiful. I got in late Thursday night while the sun was going down so I didn't have much time to see anything but the next morning I woke up to the first picture. I signed up for a jeep tour and our group off-roaded it up the rim of the valley. The weather was perfect and some of the views were breathtaking. The group I went with on the jeep tour was very friendly and from all different parts. We got to talking about what we did and what brought us here and I told them about my journey across the US. They all thought it was an awesome idea and wanted to know how I was doing it, what prompted me to do it, if I was documenting it and where I was going. After talking about it, one of the women mentioned how she was in somewhat of a similar crossroad in her life and how she was trying to figure out where to go from here (figuratively). I think there's something about travel that brings out the best in people and helps them to better understand themselves and what it is they're looking for.

Enjoy the pictures.






No comments: