Thursday, September 18, 2008

Day 7 - Yosemite National Park

Yesterday, I managed to get settled in at the park. I'm staying in a tent village which is mostly made up of climbers including the guys I'm sharing tent space and bear proof containers (you heard me...) with. The campground isn't very plush but it is very social and alot of fun. The residents are from all over the world and very entertaining. For my first day at Yosemite, I took a drive up to Glacier Point which provides a spectacular view of the main valley that makes up the park. Later on, I took an open air tour of through the park where they talked about the history and the different peaks within in the park. What I really like about Yosemite is that from the moment you arrive, every thing is just picturesque. You don't have to drive far before you realize just how unique it is compared with other parks. Here are some of the photos I took from Glacier Point and others I took on the valley floor tour. Enjoy.






No comments: