Friday, September 26, 2008

Day 13 - Glacier National Park

Yesterday was a wild day to say the least. When I got to Glacier National Park, it was sunny and hardly a cloud in a sky. I decided to take a 3 mile round trip hike to Hidden Lake which required a drive up to Logan's Point. Upon getting there, it began to lightly hail - a new experience for me. After it stopped, the weather cleared and I began the hike. It wasn't long before I was trudging through snow which was 2 feet deep in some parts. I finally made it to Hidden Lake and took some pictures and explored around a little bit. I noticed the weather starting to turn off in the distance. I didn't think much of it but began my hike back down to the parking lot. Before I could get half way down, it started to thunder, then rain, then hail, and then hail harder. I hauled ass down the trail slipping and sliding all over the place to get to as low an elevation as possible without getting struck by lightning. In the end I made it down safely but cold and wet. Considering I didn't die, it was a pretty fun experience. Enjoy the pictures and don't forget what I went through to get them! ;)





No comments: