Monday, September 29, 2008

Day 15 - Yellowstone and Grand Tetons National Park

Despite the limited time I had to see both Yellowstone and Grand Tetons, I still was able to cover alot and really get an appreciation for why these parks exist. The wildlife alone at Yellowstone is a sight to be seen. From the minute I entered the park, there were elk roaming around the visitor center. From there it only continued as I drove further into the park where I saw elk, deer, buffalo and even a coyote (unfortunately a bit too fast for the camera). A couple times when I spotted something while driving I stopped and got out to take a picture all the while thinking, "This probably isn't the smartest thing I've done" - espeically when it's a massive buffalo 25 feet away. But I made I didn't get trampled so it's really a win win. In addition, Yellowstone has some of the most amazing land features - canyons, meadows, waterfalls, geothermal springs and geysers. Couple that with the Grand Tetons to the South and it's quite the experience. Here are the pictures.

















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

By far my faviorte pictures ... I also like the water falls from Glacier naitonal park :)