Monday, September 22, 2008

Day 11 - Mt. St. Helens

Here are my photos from Mt. St. Helens. I spent most of the day waiting to weather out to see if it would play nice but eventually most of the clouds cleared and I managed to get the first shot. The remaining shots are from a 4 mile trail I took to the "Devil's Elbow" which I'm assuming is called that because a bad step and you might just get to meet him. At times you're walking on a ledge 12 inches wide with a wall on one side and a 200 foot drop on the other - not exactly my cup of tea but I toughed it out and didn't look down. Nonetheless, the trek was worth it. I ended up with an awesome view of the mountain itself and Spirit Lake (pic 2) and some bonuses along the way like Indian Paintbrush (pic 4). It's amazing how a place so utterly destroyed almost 30 years ago has recovered so well yet still visibly scarred from the event. Enjoy the photos.





No comments: